Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Starting Out in the South ...Again !!

Well, we have officially been moved for a couple months now and promised some friends I would start a blog so we could keep in touch, however, I never received my tutorial in blogging and just now am semi-figuring this thing out. The Lord has been so good in His time and providence for our little family, even down to the tiniest details. As many of you know (or may not know), we are now in Mobile, AL. After finding out we were pregnant for the 2nd time.... yes, Will was only 3 1/2 months old.... lets just say I totally lost all my emotions. I was a wreck and so many thoughts were present...scared, insecure, happy, sad, novice, inexperienced. After all I had only been a mom for only 3.5 months, had NO idea what I was doing, and it seemed like I would have 2 kids tomorrow !! My sweet husband quickly and gently led us in this situation and felt that being closer to family would be greatly needed for me and he could finish his last 5 classes online while looking for a job transfer. Our opportunity came quicker than expected and within a week of finding a position with Sprint in Mobile, AL...we found out they would transfer us and wanted him to start at the end of July. It was already July 4th and we had a HOUSE to get off our hands ! !! I called the realtor and she came out, we listed it, took pictures, decluttered, etc. I told Woodie wasn't he glad that I had been watching HGTV - all women love this and is often the reason we want cable , NOT for football!!! Anyhow, after many viewings... we had a FULL CASH OFFER !!! It was only day 7 WOW !!! and they wanted to close in 10 days. Even better, because we would close before we left Lousiville. So we packed up our first little home as a couple and as parents, loaded the uhaul, and said goodbye to our 5 years spent in Louisville. We both loved this place. We loved the fall, spring, snow, our Church family at Ninth and O, the Seminary, friends at work at the hospital and just the city itself after all its where we became the "Turners". So today we find ourselves in the deep, deep South, being among the people and relatives we love, 92% humidity on a "good" day, swatting "love bugs" so fiercely that people look at you funny, and anxiously awaiting our 2nd son, Preston Daniel Turner in 4 weeks. Life is good but our God is Great !!!

3 comments:

Leah said...

Look how cute you are! We still don't have power! Evan and I are at Adam and Holly's house right now doing laundry and checking email. I will talk soon!

Leah

Kristen said...

Hey guys! It's good to catch up with you. I saw your update on Facebook. We are excited that you're in Mobile! Hopefully we can get together sometime since we're closer. Congrats on the babies!!

Adam Holly Grace said...

Kylie,
I was just asking someone the other day where you were. I just noticed you wasn't in Babies A anymore!!LOL I didn't realize you were moving but it's great you started a blog. Blessings to you all. (Alabama is our stomping ground too!) (Gadsden)- Holly