Friday, September 19, 2008

Baby Free Weekend !!

We have been blessed this weekend to have some time to just be husband/wife and leave the world of parenthood for a few days ! Woodie's parents just adore Will and love spending every minute with him. He is just so fun at this age, babbling, crawling all over the place and of course getting into all cabinets, etc. While we are in the last few weeks (4 to be exact) before Preston is due to make his entrance... they offered to take him for the weekend and much to our suprise THE WHOLE WEEK !!! We are missing him already but enjoying the time to spend together as well. Tonight we were able to go out to dinner and then went to Wal Mart (exciting I know) but we needed some groceries and things. Honestly, I try to go with Woodie because I spend less when someone else is there to watch everything that goes into that buggy. Its a weakness of mine. On a different note, I have a huge prayer request. Today was my first weekly appt to the OB to see how much I am progressing and how ready Preston is to come. Well, the Dr came in and measured and tried to find his heartbeat but was having difficulty because it wasn't down low where it had been the week before. So he kept moving the heart monitor around to try to find it and eventually went higher ..... and FOUND it !! The bad part is that Preston has flipped himself around this week and now is "FEET FIRST". The dr said he would give him another week to flip back into position but after next week, he probably won't be able to due to size and lack of room. So our options are to 1. give him the week to flip himself then 2. DR try to externally flip him(which he says isn't likely successful and hurts) 3. Have him by c-section since he will be breech I really don't want a c-section since it is major surgery and would love it if he would just flip on his own. I am 1 cm dilated which is exciting !!! We go back next week to see if our little man has flipped back... please pray with us/let me know if you know of any exercises or things I can do to help him flip PLEASE !!!

2 comments:

Grace, Hope and Joy said...

Hi Kylie! Glad you started a blog. You look great. So nice that you all got a week to yourselves. I will be praying that baby Preston will turn.

angie

Leah said...

Hey! I got your message the other night and have been praying for you. I know you don't want to have a C-section, but look on the bright side...at least it could be scheduled if Preston doesn't turn.

Have a WONDERFUL baby free week!

Leah