Sunday, September 6, 2009
Our sweet church family, here at White Pond, showered us with a baby shower loaded with everything PINK !!! We are soo excited to meet our little girl but still have so much yet to do. Our families were able to come for the weekend and celebrate with us. My favorite thing was the little gold bracelet my mom gave me which was worn by me when I was just a baby. It was such a precious gift !! The funniest was a pink onsie that read "Princess on the Farm" with a john deere tractor on it. OH how loved you already are, Sweet Eva!!! In other news, we are gearing up for a double birthday BASH !!! Our boys are turning 2 and 1....how in the world did they get this big? Where did the time go? Will is getting better everyday in his speech. Getting dressed by himself and wanting to do everything by himself. Preston is on the verge of walking and getting around faster each and everyday. EVERYBODY is teething !! I will be sooo glad when we finish this teething process...it last so long !!! Countdown 10 weeks !!!
Thursday, July 30, 2009
We are back and going strong....we took a break in all the blog action here at the Turner homefront. We have had many changes:
- We moved in February from Mobile AL to White City, AL (about 20 miles out in the country) and our closest town is Prattville, AL. Woodie was called in late January to be pastor of White Pond Baptist Church. We are truly loving our new church family and look forward to great things here in White City.
- In March, we found out we are EXPECTING #3....we are crazy, we know!
- In May, we took things to the road when we headed to Louisville, KY to see my brother graduate Boyce College. It was such a great time and lots of babies (my parents already have 4 grandkids, soon to be 5, in only 2 1/2 years)
- In June, my granny went to meet her King !!! ( I will post more on this later in a separate post) and we headed to Florida for her funeral
- We Also went back to Louisville for the SBC which we absolutely LOVED !!! We are so passionate for the small churches of the convention and the ministry being done on the small town scale and the difference they make for Christ's kingdom.
- in July, we found out we will be having a LITTLE GIRL !!! we have chosen to name her .....EVA MARIE TURNER.
- We are getting geared up for birthday season....and headed to Tenn for Josiah's 2nd birthday in a couple weeks. We are sooo excited to see cousins !!!
Sunday, February 15, 2009
We decided it was time for Will to get his first BIG BOY haircut since his hair was down on his neck and over his ears. It has taken forever for his hair to actually get thick enough or long enough to actually NEED a trim....but the time came for our baby to be a little boy!!! We ventured out to undertake this transformation ourselves by putting Will in the high chair and using some kitchen scissors and comb to trim the edges. After many attempts to grab the scissors and comb hair ourselves, we finally gave up and decided the $12.95 was absolutely worth it to have a "professional" do it. I took him to "Smilz n Stylz" a little kids salon where they are great at distracting the kids with cars to drive. Will absolutely loved the Corvette (he has expensive taste !!) and made the "vroom, vroom" sound the whole time. We reassured him that he better enjoy driving expensive cars now because there will be none when he turns 16!!! Doesn't he look so grown up? Where does the time go?