Thursday, September 25, 2008

He Proposed

Today I have to brag on my husband. He is so sweet and thoughtful. When I was pregnant with WIll, I had ALOT of swelling in my legs, hands, face, etc. Around 6 months, I couldn't wear my engagement ring, then soon after my wedding band had to come off because it was cutting into my fingers. I was devastated. I kept telling Woodie "I can't not have a wedding band. Someone will think I am an unwed mother". Woodie kept reassuring me that it wasn't the ring that made us married but the committment we made to each other and to the Lord. Of course I knew that but still. I had a purity ring I wore when I was single on the finger beside my wedding finger that was big enough. So I put it on my ring finger and wore it until Will was born. Well, this pregnancy hasn't been quite so bad as far as the swelling until the last couple of weeks and my hands have ballooned up again. As of last week, I had been wearing the same 'purity' ring as I did with Will...but Sunday we were talking at lunch and Woodie mentioned that he didn't like the purity ring. I was puzzled because I had just worn it this time last year. I asked Why? He said he didn't like the fact that I was wearing a ring that he didn't give me. I was like ok. I didn't figure it was that big of a deal since we only have 3 weeks left. Well, monday It got really warm here and I had to take off the purity ring because it was cutting into me again. Tuesday I got home and Woodie had said he had a "surprise" for me (and oh how I love a good surprise !!!) We ate dinner and sitting in our den watching TV and Woodie went out of the room and came back in ...got on one knee and opened up a little box from Kay Jewlers and there was a silver WEDDING BAND.!!!! So simple but yet so sweet !! He had gotten a ring for me to wear while i was swollen and pregnant !! Thought I would share !! Isn't that so sweet? Once again the Lord has so richly blessed my life

2 comments:

Grace, Hope and Joy said...

Awwww...that is beautiful!!

The Yates' said...

That us so sweet...go woodie...praise the lord fir supportive and kind husbands